A59 388 Class
Twenty Armstrong narrow gauge goods locomotives were converted to broad gauge between February 1884 and June 1888. This allowed for a most of the older tender goods locomotives to be withdrawn. They were used on mineral traffic west of Exeter and sometimes on overnight perishable traffic from the south west to London. They were converted back to narrow gauge between March and December 1892.